Weekly Tech Tip:
Online interactive whiteboards are online tools that let multiple people collaborate in real time on the same blank page. These tools can be useful for facilitating different collaborative learning activities. In this video I demonstrate how they can be used to facilitate an active learning strategy known as KWL. These whiteboards can be found in the Digital Backpack under "Diagrams/Concept Mapping."
- Illuminations - Illuminations is a fantastic math curriculum site.
- Open Thinking Wiki - Digital Storytelling resources by Dr. Alec Couros
- Laptop for every pupil in Uruguay - BBC
- English Companion - online community of English teachers.
- Tony Vincent's learninginhand.com - great resource for information about mobile learning
- Umapper - tool that lets you turn any photo into an interactive map
- Building Maker - Create 3D buildings online
- Recording of a session on video games in education
- Best Online Collaboration Tools 2009 - Robin Good's Collaborative Map - MindMeister Mind Map
Why backward social-network-banning education authorities are wrong - by Ewan McIntosh
- Acceptable Use Policy for teaching with laptops - Learning in Maine
Teacher layoffs: Should seniority rule? -Dangerously Irrelevant
SpaceFish and the Primary Crowdsource- Ira Socol