Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Co.mments going on the Deadlist



I am a bit upset this morning. Browsing through my RSS reader I came across this post on Co.mments.com:
co.mments will be shutting down Jan 11, 2009. It’s been a wonderful ride, unfortunately regular upkeep, and our friendly spammers, have turned it into a chore. I need the time and energy to focus on other things, so sadly, I’m going to shutdown the site by the end of this week. Thank you all for your support, Assaf
I have come to rely on this service to track conversations I have been active with. It has been a huge time saver and an integral part of my daily PLN experience. I really hope they reconsider. In any event, does anyone know of an alternative service that helps track comments on blogs?

2 comments:

Ghostlibrarian said...

I was wondering how to keep track of comments. I am following several blogs now but there are a couple that have ongoing conversations through the comments and I don't have a way of finding out what's being said, other than visiting the blog every day.

Anonymous said...

Have you looked at CoComment?

http://www.cocomment.com/

Downside: their indexing can be a bit spotty. Upside: their customer service is pretty responsive, and they're still operating. Scott McLeod uses it if you want to see it in action.