The past three weeks I have been working with teachers in my district on exploring the ISTE NETS. My purpose with these sessions (so far we have had two 1 hour sessions in each building) has been three-fold:
- Engage teachers in targeted dialogue about the ISTE NETS by having them deconstruct them and focus their meaning.
- Engage teachers in the use of some tools that they could use with students that address what these standards ask them to do.
- Through the process of writing our own versions of the standards, have teachers internalize as a goal that which the ISTE NETS asks teachers and students to do.
(to view all parts you may need to expand to full-screen.)
Also, this presentation attempts to answer some questions that have arisen as a result of these discussion sessions:
- Why do we need to spend all this time talking about technology?
- How are we going to be assessed?