Wednesday, June 20, 2012

What is the purpose of school? @irasocol @jillbromen @EllBillofRights @karenj17

At #edcampmn today I had the occasion to ask a few more people for one-question interviews in my ongoing, "What is the purpose of school?" project.  Thank you Ira, Jill, Karen, and Ruslana for these additions.







See how others have responded to this question:

If you are interested in adding yourself to this collection send me a recording of yourself answering this simple question, "What is the purpose of school?" You can upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, Blip.tv, or whatever your favorite video sharing site is and post a link in the comment section below. Or, you can email me at anderscj@yahoo.com if you prefer (do not attach a video file directly, use a third party like filedropper instead). I would love to hear how you respond. When I feel I have reached a critical mass I will create a special site devoted to addressing this question where all responses will be showcased. At that point I will also begin aggregating these responses into categories and constructing some way of analyzing and comparing responses in the effort to reach some kind of conclusion. And, in case you are wondering, the purpose of asking this question is to draw attention to the diversity of responses and to show how varied responses produce very different outcomes in schools.

No comments: