Google Jockeying is the practice of having a student perform searches on a classroom computer with projection display while the teacher is either lecturing or conducting a group discussion. In this week's tech tip I explain a bit about Google Jockeying and a spin-off I call Google Earth Jockeying and how they can increase engagement in your classroom and serve as a classroom management tool.
Weekly Tech Tip:
[EDIT NOTICE: I fixed the audio in this video. It worked fine before on my headphones but realized that when I listened using the computer speakers the audio was dismal.]
- Educause: 7 things you should know about Google Jockeying
- Google Earth
- Google Maps
- Moster Milktruck!
- World-Wide Telescope
- Live Webinar on March 30th with Sir Ken Robinson http://bit.ly/aT86ZZ
- (Gmail Hack!) How to create unlimited student accounts for any website using only 1 teacher email address http://trunc.it/6jstp (via @JohnMikulski)
- Free Adobe Flash Platform Technologies
- The Internet of Things
- A Is for App: How Smartphones, Handheld Computers Sparked an Educational Revolution
- Twitter in the classroom: 10 useful resources: http://bit.ly/5UOOtv
- We're apparently one step closer to an invisibility cloak: http://bit.ly/bwAXcK
- Social Bookmarking in Libraries: Simply del.icio.us: http://url4.eu/1tshg
- Neofonie announces WePad 11.6-inch Android slate #pc - http://bit.ly/cxnkm7
- LifeYo http://www.lifeyo.com to assist teachers w/ website creation.
- How to use Twitter for social learning http://is.gd/aQhhr
- Education Week: Mobile Learning Makes Its Mark on K-12 http://bit.ly/bCACwE
- Morning Joe on Charter Schools http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3036789/vp/35946995%2335946995
- Late Night Learning LIVE!
- Welcome to Fotobabble - Talking Photos
- Start your own school with Supercool School
- Craig Ferguson 7/21/9A Late Late Show beginning
- Sir Ken Robinson - THE BONNIE HUNT SHOW
- A Response to Diane Senechal by Mike Walker on Edina Technology Integration
- Schools on Motivation & Technology? by Aaron_Eyler on Synthesizing Education
- Should we be ashamed of our ability to predict dropouts? by Scott Mcleod on Dangerously Irrelevant
- "School is really, really boring. I hate coming here." by Scott Mcleod on Dangerously Irrelevant
- Courses in Online Learning to Be Encouraged at Colleges of Education By Alison Leithneron Change.org
- If we truly cared about authentic accountability, we'd ask the kids by Scott Mcleod on Mind Dump
- Teachers computers on lockdown…By Jen Hegna on Grin and Bear "IT"