Thursday, February 3, 2011

MNOLA Presentation - New Additions to the Digital Backpack

I just finished putting the finishing touches on my slide deck for the second presentation I am doing at the Minnesota Online Educators Association Conference on February 18th. I am presenting two sessions that day, one in the morning on "The Real Disruptive Innovation" and the other in the afternoon on "New Additions to the Digital Backpack." I figure after lunch people won't be hungry enough for the fruit further up on the tree so an online tool smackdown is appropriate.

Last year I presented a session at this conference on my favorite tools in the Digital Backpack that have potential to enhance online instruction titled, "Cloud Computing: Survey of Online Applications for Education." So this session is not necessarily the best tools but new ones that I've come across since this time last year. I introduced Seymour last year as a virtual co-presenter when I gave this presentation. Seymour is a pompus and demeaning know-it-all superhero who really thinks he knows more than he really does. I created Seymour in Xtranormal and used Vuvox to build the presentation, both tools I wanted to share in that presentation.

I took the same approach to this year's toolscravaganza session using Jog the Web to build my slide deck and eTrade babies to help me co-present on this topic. I figured this would fit well since the babies and the tools would be roughly the same age. If you are interested in seeing my slide deck for this presentation visit:





Tools shared in this presentation include:
  1. Jog the Web
  2. Oddcast Widgets
  3. TodaysMeet
  4. Twiddla
  5. surf2gether
  6. MeetingWords
  7. VozMe
  8. iPadio
  9. Weebly
  10. Storybird
  11. HistoryPin
  12. Wallwisher
Tools I shared in last year's presentation included:
  1. Xtranormal
  2. Vuvox
  3. Vocaroo
  4. Aviary
  5. Screencast-o-matic

What other web tools should I share?

2 comments:

Mrs. Tenkely said...

Great lineup of tools! What a great idea to "copresent" with the etrade babies, bet that kept people on their toes ;)

Ron Starc said...

My Screen Recorder Pro will work better for you. It is an excellent screencasting tool. Records your screen and audio from the speakers or your voice from the microphone - or both simultaneously. The recordings are clear and look great when played back on your PC or uploaded to YouTube. It will record directly to AVI, WMV, MP4, or FLV. Just perfect for creating tutorials, demos, and presentations. Plus, java is not required and there are no limits on recording length. Also, the recordings play back on any device.