Weekly Tech Tip:
- Twerrible Towel - This is ridiculous but fascinating use of Twitter to power a motor. Check it out. Could there be any more serious or practical applications of using Tweets to power motors?
- Make your own R2-D2 remix
- Ted Kolderie: Raising strategic questions about St. Paul Public Schools strategy (Pioneer Press)
- The Myth of Failed School Reform, Part 1|Part 2 by Larry Cuban on Larry Cuban on School Reform and Classroom Practice
- purpos/ed: It's not about the purpose of education. It's about whether we want people to learn at all. by Ewan McIntosh on Ewan McIntosh's edu.blogs.com
- The Worst Words in Education by Devin Black on Education on the Plate
- The Purpose of Learning by Stephen Downes on Half and Hour
- The Messages by Ira Socol on SpeEdChange (the comment thread on this one goes on and on)
- One-to-One Laptop Programs Are No Silver Bullet on ASCD Inservice
- Dashboard Delusions – The ED’s Ineffective Measure of Effectiveness by Dave aka Mr. Math Teacher on Reflections of a Math Teacher Candidate
- Do tests really help students learn -- or was a new study misreported? by Alfie Kohn in the Washington Post
@TeacherReality it amazes me the way some schools turn magical tools to worthless boredom. And kids check out
Publishing used to be something we had to ask permission to do via @cshirky
Add your voice! "I think the purpose of education is ___ #purposed"