Twitter is quickly becoming a valuable and popular tool for teacher professional development. This week's TIES conference was a testament to that. This week's tech tip is a beginner's introduction to Twitter for Teachers.
Presentation by Caitlin Cahill (presented at the TIES conference) on Twitter for Professionals:
- - Microblogging - for messages 140 characters or less. Curriculum ideas!
- - Twitter Search Engine Curriculum ideas!
- Bing Twitter Search
- - Neat site that is kind of like a mashup between Google Earth and Twitter.
- - map where the people you are following are tweeting from
- - Twitter screencasting mashup tool
- - See Twitter like someone else
- - Leave a private voicemail for anyone on Twitter and they'll be notified via @reply.
- - Allows you to tweet audio.
- - Stream live from your webcam on Twitter
- share images and video on Twitter
- Post pictures and map them on Twitter
- - Lyric Rat is naming that tune in 140 characters or less on Twitter.
- Twapper Keeper lets you archive #tag discussions from Twitter
- The Twitter Tim.es - generates a personal newspaper from your Twitter stream
- Twitter Clients:
- Tweetdeck - For your computer
- Echofon - for your iPod Touch or iPhone
- Twitterific - for your iPod Touch or iPhone
- Twitter Mentionmap - PLN Visualization Tool (#edchat #tristateplp)
- #ties2009 Twitter @TIES Conference
TIES Conference Roundup: