Weekly Tech Tip:
- Whiteboards—A Modest Proposal by Gary Stager on Tech&Learning
- 33 interesting ways to use your interactive whiteboard
- Arts education declines for US youth, worse for minority children. NEA survey results
- Recording posted of FutureofEducation.com interview with Kevin Kelly on his book What Technology Wants (Future of Education)
- State wants online charter school shut down: BlueSky Online School, in hot water because of alleged violation of graduation standards, says it will fight to remain open. (Star Tribune)
- Generations and their gadgets (Pew Internet)
- Why schools should try things not "research-based" (Washington Post)
- Most schools could face 'failing' label under No Child Left Behind, Duncan says (Washington Post)
- Budget repair bill passes Senate, Thursday vote set in Assembly (Wisconsin State Journal)
- Writing without the Blocks by Ira Socol on SpeEdChange
- Big Lies (Part One Part Two Part Three Part Four) by Ira Socol on SpeEdChange
- Arts education declining, especially for minority youth by Sylvia Martinez on Generation YES Blog
- "But I Need to Assign Homework! Look at All I Have to Cover!" By Alfie Kohn on Huffington Post
- Can't we just "integrate it everywhere?" by Vicky Davis on Cool Cat Teacher Blog
Thanks to WI for waking up the nation about efforts by super-rich to privatize education and de-professionalize it.
I want to create a network of citizen journalists per district in Egypt, to help avoid rumors and have immediate eye-witness accounts.
How did the budget crisis -- brought on by a recession caused by Wall Street -- end up in the laps of America’s schoolteachers?
RT @debbiec1230: I love this quote! "Learning is not the product of teaching. Learning is the product of the activity of learners."John Holt
"... are we giving weight to things merely because we''ve measured them?" Seth Godin
"Google before you tweet" is the new "Think before you speak" I'm not very good at either.