It's been a while since I updated the Digital Backpack. I still need to go through and remove those that have gone on the deadlist, but here are the new sites I added today:
- - Upload two photos of your head and this tool generates a 3d model of your face. You can also buy custom action figures and masks with your head on them (very expensive though).
- - share photos from your mobile phone on all major social networking sites (Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, etc.)
- - Create group SMS distribution lists (gives you one phone number that can be used to send texts to everyone in your group)
- - Online office suite that acts like a virtual desktop. Has an online word processor, presentation tool, and spreadsheet with more features than Google Docs.
- - Enter the number of letters and fill in the blanks you know and this tool will generate lists of words that fit your criteria.
- - This site allows you to search and view newspaper pages from 1860-1922 and find information about American newspapers published between 1690-present.
- - is a way for students and teachers to find blogs to comment on and to get their own posts commented on.
- - Upload a video and add subtitles to it in any language. Watch any video with subtitles in any language. Subtitles added by dotSUB users.
- direct messages. When the group account receives a direct message from a group member, GroupTweet converts it into a tweet that all followers can see. GroupTweet turns a standard Twitter account into a group communication hub where members can post updates to everyone in the group using
- - Web-based Twitter client that displays your Twitterstream with: 1. Tweeted images and videos displayed, not just their links; and 2. Replies to Tweets nested like threaded discussions.