Wednesday, December 8, 2010

#Ties10 Doug Johnson - Change from the Radical Center


I have been reading Doug's blog for about three and a half years now, he lives less than 100 miles from my house, and has attended and spoken at 5 conferences I have attended in the past 4 years. He has even attended at least one session I presented a couple years ago. He is one of the most widely read education bloggers and definitely a sage in the field. Yet, yesterday was the first time I have actually been able to hear him speak (aside from his TEDx session from last winter I watched online). Problem has always been that every time he was scheduled to speak in the past I was also scheduled to present. So, when I saw Doug was presenting at a time I wasn't yesterday I had to take advantage. I must say, I wish I could spend more time learning from The Blue Skunk.

What follows is an archive of the few live tweets I managed to make. I wish I had done more but I found myself doing a lot more listening in this session and a lot less tweeting.







#ties10 DougJohnson: If you take s centrist position you double your number of enemiesless than a minute ago via Twitterrific



#ties10 DougJohnson: adopt an "and" not "or" mindsetless than a minute ago via Twitterrific



#ties10 DougJohnson: why wouldn't we encourage diversity in teaching styles in our schools?less than a minute ago via Twitterrific



#ties10 DougJohnson: Teachers need a technology IEPless than a minute ago via Twitterrific



#ties10 DougJohnson: If they are out of the barn anyway, why not try to saddle & ride them.less than a minute ago via Twitterrific



#ties10 DougJohnson: At edtech conferences we are largely just preaching to the choirless than a minute ago via Twitterrific



#ties10 DougJohnson: there are poor teachers in our best schools and great teachers in our worst schoolsless than a minute ago via Twitterrific

1 comment:

doug0077 said...

Hi Carl,

I am flattered by your comments here and enjoyed our conversation after my talk. I look forward to future conferences with you!

Doug