For the majority of this week I have been in Denver at the ISTE Conference, therefore my normal routine of crawling the web for resources has been slightly modified as is evident in the apparent imbalance in this week's "link stew" section of my weekly tech tip post. Next week I am off but will still probably manage to eek out a few reflective posts, but no tech tip. I went to ISTE to both network with other educators and to present at four sessions. I feel like the sessions I was part of and the other educators I presented with hit a grand slam with the work we did. I couldn't be more pleased with how our sessions went and how we were received. Thank you to all who attended both in person and online.
One of the sessions I presented at the conference, both as a poster session and as part of a panel discussion, was on a project I was involved with this year at Goodhue Public Schools called iTeach Mobile. Regular readers of my blog should already be familiar with this project and the social networking site we created for it but it occurred to me while I was driving home that I had not yet shared our work with cellphones, iPods, and other mobile devices with the teachers I currently am working with at EMID 6067. I decided that for this week's tech tip I would run through my #ISTE10 poster session both for EMID teachers and for those who missed it at the conference.
Weekly Tech Tip:
- Shareaholoic - Firefox addon that allows you to share articles and websites on over 100 different social sites with just 1 click
Free Microsoft software for schools, from the Fun & Free Friday event - Teaching Ideas and Resources - http://bit.ly/ahZ85r
Steve Dembo- by forbidding Social Networking, you just might be violating CIPA #iste10
- How to Use Flickr in Your Classroom by Elizabeth on I[Heart]EdTEch
- hacking iste by Scott Schwister on Higher Edison
- ISTE 2010: Session: #Tweet, #Learn, #Lead by Mike Walker on Edina Technology Integration
- The Language of School Design: A Review by Steve Taffee on Blogg-Ed Indetermination
- ISTE 10 Videos by Kelly Tenkely on iLearn Technology
- MCA-II Results are Out By John Fitzgerald on Minnesota 2020
- My ISTE by Dean Shareski on Ideas and Thoughts of an Edtech
- #ISTE Session on Classrom Creativity by Nick Provenzano on The Nerdy Teacher
- Growing the Movement by Chris Lehman on Practical Theory
- Policies, Safety, and Social Networking ~ Steve Dembo ISTE10 By Jeff Utecht on The Thinking Stick